Tuesday, July 12, 2016
With Kevin Scoullar stepping down as Youth team coach due to personal commitments, Southern United are looking for a suitable candidate to fulfill to the role of Youth Team Head-Coach.
Dear Football Community,
Due to personal commitments over the coming National League season, Kevin Scoullar is unable to carry on his excellent work as coach of the Southern United Youth squad this year.
We’re sad to lose Kevin as the Youth Coach, especially considering the recent success and excellent culture that Kevin and the team have developed. However, we’re fully supportive of Kevin, wish him all the best, and hope that he can be involved again in the future.
This now offers a unique opportunity for another Coach to come into the frame and continue this success, as Southern United moves into a new era under a new ownership and leadership.
This position is based in Dunedin and the successful candidate must be able to commence this job as soon as possible. This position reports to the CEO, Chris Wright and has highly functional and collaborative relationships with the coaching staff from all four Southern United teams (Senior, Youth, Women, Futsal), and especially with newly appointed Senior Team Head-Coach Paul O’Reilly.
- Appointing management team and assistant coaches in conjunction with Southern United Head-Coach and with CEO input and approval
- Talent identification, recruitment and development in conjunction with Federation clubs
- Planning, co-ordination and execution of practice and training sessions, friendly and pre-season games, and National Youth League games (including attendance as coach at all games)
- Further development of a strong culture and playing philosophy in conjunction with the Senior Team Head-Coach
- Supporting Southern United’s engagement with the community through coaching, clinics, open days and other programmes
If you are interested in this paid role, please send applications to Chris Wright at email@example.com
Please send a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role, including your coaching qualifications and achievements. Please note that this role requires a minimum of a Youth Level 3 or Senior Level 2 qualification.
Should you have any questions please contact Chris on 0211 00 6841
This role will close on July 27th