Each yeah on the 1st July there is a transfer freeze for players transferring between Clubs, Click on more to view the relevant regulation
From the NZ Football Regulations on the Registration and Transfer of players.
- 9.1 For Winter Season Competitions, no transfer of a Player shall be allowed by any Club from 1 July to 30 September (inclusive) each year, except in exceptional circumstances. Whether a case is an exceptional circumstance shall be determined by NZF in its sole discretion, but may include, without limitation, where:
- 9.1.1 The transfer has not been correctly processed due to clerical error;
- 9.1.2 Allowing the transfer is consistent with the competitive integrity of the relevant Competition(s);
- 9.1.3 The personal circumstances of the Player make a transfer fair and reasonable; or
- 9.1.4 The Player can show that because of circumstances beyond his control, he is obliged to change his place of residence by a distance greater than fifty (50) kilometres.