Your local FTC provides a regional hub for talent development. Starting with a scouting process from age 11, players are recruited from age 12 onwards from their junior clubs to attend their local FTC.
FTCs complement existing club and school football programmes by adding focused training hours with specialist coaching for the most talented players, offering a unique set of advantages:
- A programme to systematically develop the individual player
- Consistent national curriculum to prepare players to cope with the modern game
- Competitive and fulfilling environment for the most talented players – “the best with the best”
- Coaches who are specifically trained and experienced in developing talented youth players
- Players’ progress continually assessed to ensure the best players remain in the FTC programme
- Weekly training sessions and an extended programme of development throughout the year
- Regular performance feedback to players and parents
- Regular games programme with inter and intra-federation tournaments
FTCs have been modelled on successful talent development programmes around the world, and then adapted for each local federation’s unique needs. The curriculum is consistent across New Zealand and quality standards are uniformly high.